Friday 5 July 2013

Plant 13

I am proud to say I have a strong relationship with food and many (if not all) of my friends and family know I love to explore all kinds of cafes, restaurants and street food whether I am overseas or at home. So what better way to start off my first official post with a visit to Plant 13. One could say the journey to this restaurant was quite an adventure. Our original plan was to visit my favourite local cafe, Bar9, which serves one of the finest brunches along with quality coffee and hot chocolates, however we sadly had to change plans after finding out they were under kitchen renovations. Plan B was Plant 13! Long story short google maps landed us in the middle of residential homes on the other side of the city and after over an hour of driving around, getting lost, stopping several times, and a phone call to the restaurant for directions ... we FINALLY arrived at Plant 13. With stomachs grumbling for food and rain starting to roll in, we hurried in and made ourselves comfy.


Plant 13
Apple Pie Smoothie and Citrus Blitz
Having heard good reviews from friends about Plant 13 and my Bar9 disappointment, Plant 13 had quite big shoes (and stomachs) to fill and they sure did not disappoint! My friend, Janice from Whimxy and I ordered 'Soft eggs, double smoked ham, hollandaise, and house made crumpets' and 'Chicken pot pie' to share. Janice ordered an Apple Pie Smoothie and myself a Citrus Blitz drink.  With vegetables grown from their backyard garden, meats smoked by them and breads baked in their ovens, the dishes definitely satisfied my palate and transformed one unhappy face to a gleaming face yearning more!
Soft eggs, double smoked ham, hollandaise and house made crumpets

Chicken Pot Pie 

One can never leave without dessert, so to end off the experience we ordered a creme brûlée dessert jar. This was by far my favourite! With every spoonful the hint of mandarin, hazelnut/caramel chocolate and a layer of what tasted like oat and honey hit all the right tastebuds and created melting moments in my mouth. 
Creme Brûlée dessert jar 

To conclude my first official post, Plant 13 you've got my big fat red tick of approval.


Like how my friend helped me step over that line to start a blog, I hope I've inspired you to get into your car (and hopefully not get lost like I did) and visit Plant 13. 
Stay warm and dry :)



x MM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...