Sunday 25 August 2013

Hungry as ever!

I have an exam tomorrow and have been studying so much it's make'n me HUNGRY at times when I shouldn't be hungry! When you're in a rush and don't want to whip up anything fancy and/or requires a stove, I tend to reach out for quick-to-do salads. Here is what I had today to save my grumbling stomach and re-energize my brain. 



A friend asked me what I had in it as it looked and smelled so yummy, so I thought I'd do a quick post for you all. 

Ingredients: 
  • Corn
  • Raisin
  • Parsley
  • Pine nuts
  • Barley 
  • Cracked wheat
  • Sweet potato
  • Chicken (leftovers from dinner)
Dressing: 
  • Balsamic vinegar 
  • Mustard seed
  • Olive oil

How to make:
  1. Cook barley and cracked wheat.
  2. Cook sweet potato (steam/boil/roast whichever way you like) 
  3. Toast pine nuts
  4. Chop parsley and any other herbs you like 
  5. Strip chicken into small bite size pieces
  6. Make dressing by whipping all three ingredients together until combined
  7. Toss it all together and voilĂ , you have a scrumptious healthy salad that is sure to please your taste buds and tummy! 


X MM 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...